Sunday, March 19, 2006

Lousy Pittsburgh

Nothing like losing one of your final four teams before the sweet sixteen. Thanks Pitt! When I saw the news of the loss I screamed out "FUCKING BRADLEY!" My roommate had a friend over at the time and he had to explain to her, "I don't live with a mental patient, it's the NCAA thing he's reacting to." He had a tougher time explaining things three minutes later when I shouted, "Applesauce!!! Doorknob, DOORKNOB!!!! MARTIN VAN BUREN'S PAJAMAS!!!!!"

Fortunately, I'm still in this pool. I have Duke as my national champion, which could happen. If they win, I can even have a couple other things go against me and still win. If they lose though, well, it's gonna be back to drinking paint thinner to drown my sorrows for me.

The Red Sox gave Juan Gonzalez a minor league deal. I'm sorry for wasting your time telling you that.

In other Sox news, David Wells is upset that he might not get a start for a few weeks into the season and may once again ask to be traded. Can he shut up? The yutz was playing for a west coast team. They wanted him back. He jumped ship to the Red Sox. So now either be quiet and play for them or, if you want to move away so badly, retire. But enough of this.

Mike MacDougal is going to miss at least the first month of the season with a muscle strain. Muscle strain, that's all? MacDougal's lucky his whole arm doesn't fall right off with that insane motion he has. Talk about violent movements. Said Buddy Bell, "It's not good news, but we have to deal with it." I think it's cute that the Royals are going through the motions of reacting to this as though they were a real team. I guess you can say that you don't want to kill the morale of the young kids by blowing game after game. But giving Doug Mientkiewicz 500 ABs will kill morale much more than any blown save could.

Also, just what is the Royals' realistic ETA? They've been rebuilding for 15 years now, so what, another 7 or 8 and they'll be good to go? I don't want to go off on a rant here but the last thing that took this long to build was St. Peter's Basillica, and they were doing that 500 years ago. Unless the Royals plan on having the Stanze di Raffaello in Kauffman Stadium they've run out of excuses. Now the Royals are going to use Ambiorix Burgos as closer, which is like Boo Radley trying to lead the Union in the Battle of Fort Sumter. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Goodnight folks. That's the blog and I am outta here.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Fades said...

i do not understand any of the references in the last paragraph.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

"Folks" are people, a "blog" is a portmanteau of "web" and "log," and "outta" is a particular dialect pronunciation of "out of."

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gracias, senor, gracias. and I told you Pitt was a bad choice.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home