Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cheap one

AJ Burnett is going to start the season on the DL. Good for him, popping his cherry early on being injured for the Blue Jays. Don't waste time, get in the comfort zone right away.

MLB plans to look into past steroid use. Is this constructive? We know that it was done, we have good suspicions as to who did it, but what penalties can realistically be handed down as the result of this? I think it's better to stay focused on looking ahead and preventing steroid use as baseball moves forward.

I saw this today: "The Giants purchased the contract of RHP Jamey Wright from Triple-A Fresno and designated LHP Jon Coutlangus for assignment." Wow. That is a TOUGH name to grow up with. Say it fast to yourself; you'll see what I'm talking about. Ever see the SNL sketch with Christopher Walken in which he plays a guy named Colonel Angus, and everybody keeps slurring his name, resulting in a risque pronunciation? (oh golly!) Yeah, same thing.
I should really start with some predictions. But I'm tired now. So, I'll pass. And with that, I leave you with a pretty crappy entry for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home