Thursday, May 04, 2006

The bad and the good

I blame finals for the hiatus of the past couple of days. It should be noted, though, that I will turn around and blame this blog for my upcoming poor grades on said finals.

Josh Towers hates pitching well. He got torched yet again to the tune of 7 runs ins 5 2/3 in Boston. He's now 0-6 with a 10.59 ERA. I can't remember the last time I saw an ERA that terrible that wasn't the result of one bad outing on opening day. Are the Jays planning to keep running him out there? The problem with Towers this year has been in his mechanics. He experimented with learning a circle change during spring training and it looks like it's messed with his release point. Ok, I made all that up. I haven't seen Towers pitch once this year. But I wanted to sound insightful.

King Felix is still struggling. I'm not surprised; he's 20 years old. I'm surprised that people expected him to be on the fast track towards the Cy Young from his first start. Tonight he was beaten by Jose Contreras, who I suppose is the best pitcher in baseball history now.

Anybody else think it's strange that baseball scheduled all the teams to play two 2 game series this week? And why did they start voting for the All Star game in late April? We just started the damn season here. Not that the All Star voting is a model of legitimacy or sensible outcomes anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh Towers is amazing

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh Towers is not amazing

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with S, but not with I. Josh Towers is amazing.

5:27 PM  
Blogger adam20ss said...

remember when he first came up with baltimore and everyone was calling him josh "control" towers? those days are loooong gone

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Har har.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home