Monday, April 17, 2006

The Idiot Is A Star

So it appears that I'm a celebrity. I promise, I'll stay grounded, won't let the fame go to my head. I won't forget all you people who got me here.

That's right, I was on TV this evening during the ESPN broadcast of the Mets game. Top of the 4th, Pedro strikes out Jorge Sosa to end the inning, and a minute later I get a call from Joe Greene that I was on TV right after the strikeout. Not part of a group. A closeup of me high fiving Sinensky. This call was followed a minute later by Stew Koenigsberg's call to alert me to my appearance, followed by Stew's demand that I mention him in the blog for having called me. Stew, you were late on the notification, and beaten by Joe, come on. That's embarassing. But there's your shout out.

Truth is, why shouldn't they want a close up of me? I performed both in The Chopin Playoffs and the Law Revue this year, not to mention productions during my NYU career. The real surprise is they didn't mike me so that Rick Suttcliffe could engage in awkward quasi-celeb in-game interview banter with me. Maybe next time.

And....done. Baseball thoughts:

Jose Valentin absolutely should not be in the major leagues. I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be in the minor leagues either, but that isn't really my concern. Good job by Sinensky pointing out after Floyd's injury during the game that having Victor Diaz on the roster would have come in handy at that very moment, if not for the team having sent him down five hours before to bring up Pedro Feliciano.

Speaking of not belonging in the major leagues, the Royals really shouldn't be forced to go through this farce of fielding a team every day. It's just getting awkward and uncomfortable for all of us.

In a convo with my roommate last week I set the over/under for Griffey's first DL trip at June 15th. Well, I was way off.

Another strong pitching performance at Coors tonight, this time by everybody's favorite fantasy sleeper, Chris Young. "Hey pal, he can't be a sleeper if he's EVERYBODY's favorite sleeper." "Oh yeah? Well why don't you go to hell!!!" That wasn't constructive at all, I apologize.

Jason Marquis may be off to a hot 3-0 start with a sub-3.00 ERA. But let me ask you the more important question? Did he remember to count sefirah?

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

You sure you two can take a heteroerotic photograph together? Facebook would prove otherwise. Maybe you should have brought this sign:

Eric and
Sinensky
Publicly
Nookieing

I'm feeling something here. Bringing blank posterboard and a sharpie to all future games will pay off. It's easier to write signs during the game rather than before. The Mets should sponsor a contest.

Professor Reyes, how do you say "contest" in Spanish? Il Contesto?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home