Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thoughts

Ben Broussard had how many RBI tonight? Truth is, it's not the 8 RBIs that bothers me. He's supposed to have power. But how is he hitting .407? This is in direct contravention to my Ben Broussard sucks ass policy. We're going to have to fix this.

And Sidney Ponson is 3-0? No, I'm sorry, that can't be. The only thing firmer than my Ben Broussard sucks ass policy is my Sidney Ponson sucks mega-ass and enjoys it policy. I'm not comfortable with this turn of events.

So Barry Bonds has made me look a little stupid I guess. Way to go hit two homers in two days including a game tying shot. I still don't care. You don't walk anybody in the first inning, no matter how big a threat he might be. Perhaps the 9th inning would have been a good time to walk him though. Ah well.

I don't care about Delmon Young.

Edgardo Alfonzo is unhappy with his limited playing time. Well you know, Fonzie, I love you as much as anybody, but uh, ah gee, how do I put this? Ok...you shouldn't have been terrible the last 4 years. There I said it. I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. Let's be friends.

Johan Santana got his first win of the year today. You know he's a slow starter. We're a month in now. I think he's ready to lock in.

You know the Reds are 15-7? I think Bronson Arroyo is something like 11-0 so far. Are they this good? They do have a good offense when they aren't messing with it for shits and giggles, but their pitching, man, it's bad. Right? And David Weathers is terrible, he can't continue to be an effective closer all year long. I'm going to hold firm and say that no, the Reds will not be this good by the end of the season. Then again, nobody thought the '99 Reds were going to be that good on paper, and they won 96 games and tied for the wildcard (woo, Al Leiter, one game playoff!). And Ron Villone was their damn frontline starter. So who the hell knows.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

If the Reds hold a "Dress up like your favorite Communist" Day, do you think that thousands of people will be Mao-lookalikes? MoRo is bound to show up dressed as George Will.

2:16 PM  
Blogger adam20ss said...

Matsui's hit was 21 minutes after first pitch, putting it at 7:56 if first pitch was 7:35.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home