Thursday, May 18, 2006

Afternoon delight

I write this mini entry as the Mets-Cardinals game is in the top of the 2nd. Two quick thoughts: Jose Lima is very adept at allowing the opposing team to score. He should really team up with Tom Emanski to make an instructional video. Also, Gary Cohen noted that in one of Jason Marquis' starts this year the other team swung and missed once the whole game. Nevermind how anybody could know that (we'll assume Elias, which has just informed me that in my life I've eaten 3 bowls of Rice Krispies on rainy Wednesdays in November). How can you pitch like that? I guess the answer, looking at Marquis' ERA this season, is that you can't.

Back later with more gems.

5 Comments:

Blogger adam20ss said...

Yet somehow the mets make him out to be [insert name of all-time great pitcher here].

2:57 PM  
Blogger adam20ss said...

If the Yankees were winning by one run (even, say, 1-0) going into the seventh, do you think that Torre would have let Jaret Wright start that inning? Maybe, but I think there is a decent chance that he would have let his bullpen pitch. But I think in baseball there is a certain understanding that you let a pitcher try to earn the win. So with the game 0-0, Torre might have had a morale issue if he pulled Wright. Wilkerson then hit a 2-run homer with nobody out in the seventh. I'm suggesting that possibly Torre managed the game differently simply because he wanted to back his player's desire to earn a win, even though really he should have managed a 0-0 game the same was as a 1-0 game. Just a thought. I am bored.

3:04 PM  
Blogger adam20ss said...

How was the first day for the Major League Lawyer?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

This blog got much less dailier.

12:29 PM  
Blogger adam20ss said...

I have to share this, it's too funny.

If they stuck Isaih Thomas' brain in a pigeon it would fly backwards.

- Menachem Weiss

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home