Sunday, January 29, 2006

Yes, I'm alive

Ripken my ass. So, it seems that my streak lasted a month and a half. A far cry from what I would have hoped for. Thanks to procrastination, my journal article took my right up to Friday's 5 pm deadline. At that point, I had the choice between writing an entry for the day and violating shabbos. Make no mistake. This was a tough choice. I opted for the sabbath observance, but believe me, that hasn't been sitting well. I mean, in theory, I have a much longer streak intact of sabbaths observed, but frankly, I'm probably doing something to violate it each week. The blog writing streak has been, I would argue, far more pristine.

In a way, this is probably for the best. Sooner or later I was bound to be unable to write an entry, and I'm glad it came before I started to take this idiotic, pointless streak too seriously.

I will say this, though, and I mean it. Losing the streak in no way makes me feel like I have carte blanche to miss days simply because nothing newsworthy has transpired. I'm still as committed as ever to bring you guys something each day, whether it be a take on a minor signing, a recap of the day's birthdays, or a list of things in my apartment. I'm still on the case, have no fear.

But not right now. It's 3:00 am and I have to be up early tomorrow. But I assure you, full analysis of the Phillies-Red Sox-Indians deal tomorrow. My thumbnail analysis - good move for Philadelphia and Cleveland, probably not as good for the Red Sox, but possibly still good. That way you won't be in suspense until tomorrow.

Ok, a quick b-day. Happy b-day (January 28th) to Magglio Ordonez, who turns 32. Just the other day I stumbled on Ordonez' EPSN page and thought "Wow, Magglio Ordonez. Isn't he dead?" Anybody else feel that way? I must have been in a coma at some point in '05, because evdidently Mags played in 82 games and accumulated 305 ABs. No recollection of any of that. He's a good player though, and if he can stay healthy in '06, the Tigers might just win, oh, 78, 79 games. The sky is the limit in Detroit!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't take days off. Make a bigger, better streak.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God would have understood

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home