Monday, February 27, 2006

Team Puerto Rico

I watched a decent amount of TV today, and watched no fewer than three clip show episodes. Friends, Golden Girls, and the Seinfeld finale (which I think counts as a clip show). That's crap. Also, is it a problem that I eschewed the 101 hottest women in Hollywood to watch a bunch of 60 year old women make wisecracks at each other?

Puerto Rico announced its roster today for the WBC. They're a good team, but not as good as I thought they'd be. Their starters are basically Javier Vazquez and Joel Piniero, they have some strong relievers, and a bunch of pitchers I haven't even heard of. They're also not all that strong in the IF. On paper, I'd put them way behind the US and behind the Dominican Republic. But, multiple cliche alert - "baseball is a funny game," and "anything can happen in a short series," and "I'm sorry, but I'm not giving you anything until we get the paternity test results," - wait, that last one got misplaced, sorry about that. Anyway, point is, who knows what will happen, but I was suprised that Puerto Rico can't produce a team as strong as the Domican Republic.

Of course, I don't really give a damn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PR shouldn't have their own team in these things, they are part of USA. Maybe NY should be able to have its own team too, how about that. Actually, I guess PR earned the right for a separate team when their basketball team beat Team USA in the 2004 Olympics

9:24 AM  
Blogger Av said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Av said...

Maybe they also earned their right to have their own team when we realized that they have no voice in the American government and that our baseball team doesn't represent them. Either that or when they beat us at basketball. Both work

2:01 PM  
Blogger The Fades said...

Maybe I don't get Avo's post because I am uneducated and know nothing about the country we live in, or any other country for that matter. And maybe "eschewed" is a made up word, like these word verification words!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home