Saturday, April 08, 2006

Central Powers

The Detroit Tigers man. 5-0. You know, I don't want to gloat, but we're now a mere 76 wins away from my 81 win prediction for Jim Leyland's team this year. I mean, I've really already been vindicated, we're just waiting for it to be official.

The 1984 Tigers started off 35-5. Are the '06 Tigers as good? Not too early to say yes. Chris Shelton is on pace for more rbi than have ever been driven in by all other baseball players combined. Justin Verlander is going to win the rookie of the year, Cy Young, Branch Rickey Award, and quite possibly the Vezina Trophy for good measure. Mike Maroth won't lose 20 games. And Brandon Inge is, well, we know how good Brandon Inge is.

And then you've got the Brewers. Too soon to annoint them NL Central champions? I think not. I mean, come on, they've got Rick Helling. He won 20 games before! Rick Freaking Helling baby.

I'm an ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home