Thursday, April 06, 2006

Post-game wrapup

I'm experimenting with a new system of posting in incriments throughout the day. I don't know if this will serve the blog well, but I figured I'd try it. So I've posted twice today - your reading assignment is this post and the one below it.

Mark Hendrickson pitched a complete game shutout today for the Devil Rays. Read it again. Take it in. That's just messed up.

At this rate Chris Shelton will hit over 200 homers. That's good. That's very good.

Is it me, or are an abnormally large number of pitchers getting lit up here in the first few days? I know that any little thing gets magnified when you don't have the context of an entire season around it, but it just strikes me that there have been a lot of very short outings so far. Today Jorge Sosa and RA Dickey got hit pretty hard, with Jeff Francis, Esteban Loaiza, and Ramon Ortiz pitching just a notch better. I know that's not Walter Johnson, Warren Spahn, and Steve Carlton I just listed, but still. Man, RA Dickey is just such a stupid name.

Gagne's getting elbow surgery again with no timetable for his return. Man, LA should turn Dodger Stadium into a convalescent home. And JD Drew hasn't even gotten injured yet. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good right now about predicting them to win that divison. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home